SOUTH AFRICAN BAKERS ASSOCIATION 2ND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Held on the 13th October 2018 at HTA School of Culinary Art
• Welcome and Apologies
• Report on the 2017 AGM
• Membership 2018
• Ratification of the Directors Resolution 01/2018
• Acceptance of General Resolution 01/2018
• Financial Report
• Acceptance of the General Resolution 02/2018
• Regional Reports
• Looking Forward to 2019
• Date and Venue for next AGM
Welcome and Apologies
The President welcomes all Professional Members and guests to the meeting and apologies were received from the following members:
Colin Hardy, William Kleyweg,
Report on the 2017 AGM
The minutes of the 2017 AGM were read out and accepted:
• Attendance 14 Professional Members
• Income for FY2017: R44 768
• Expenses: R31 219
• Retained Income: R13 549
• Financials not ready. Agreed to hold over until 2018 AGM
• It was agreed that the current Constitution does not meet the requirements of the Companies Act and the Directors were tasked with forming a new one.
• 54 Professional Members
• 76 General Members
• 6 Student Members
• 30 Associate Members (including Sponsors)
• Total 166
• Potential still over 300 more form the Protea Hotel Group
Ratification of the Directors Resolution 01/2018: 31.07.18
The three Directors all agreed to maintain the status quo for the next two years with Dave Collier retaining the position of President and Henri Lebon and Tim Faull retaining the positions of Vice – Presidents.
This Resolution was unanimously ratified by all Professional Members present
Acceptance of General Resolution 01/2018
The President explained that the new Memorandum of Incorporation and Company Rules was based on the ones that were drawn up for the South African Chefs Association and were then inspected and adjusted by a practising Attorney.
These documents were then circulated to all Professional Members at the beginning of October for inspection
This General Resolution 1/2018 adopts the new Memorandum of Incorporation and Company Rules for the foreseeable future as per the requirements of the Companies Act No 71 of 2008
This resolution was unanimously adopted by all Professional Members present.
Audited Financial Statements for both FY2017 and FY2018 were circulated to all Professional Members on the 10th October
• FY2018 Income: R84 560 (+89%)
• Expenditure: R35 630 (+ 14%)
• Retained Income: R48 929 (261%)
Acceptance of the General Resolution 02/2018
This General Resolution 2/2018 adopts the Annual Financial Statements of the SA Bakers association for both the Financial Year 2017 and the Financial Year 2018
This resolution was unanimously adopted by all Professional members present
There was a social event held in June that was attended by 30 interested guests. The President and regional representative Ruth Ward introduced the Association and answered questions with regards to Membership
There was a social event held in July which was attended by over 110 guests. The President and Vice-President Tim Faull presented an overview of the Association and there was a lot of interest in joining.
The regional Representative Raymond Redlinger presented a short report detailing the interest of at least 12 bakers wishing to join. It was agreed to host a social event before the end of the year.
Going forward to 2019
The President urged all members to get more involved and indicated the following activities that would be taking place:
• Continued growth of SA Bakers
• New Directors with new ideas?
• Further Membership Drive and Sponsorship Drive
• More Regional Social Events
• Participation in selected Exhibitions
• Commencement of the Baker of the Year Competition
• Continuation of the design and implementation of a world class skills training program
• Further social involvement in various communities
Date and Venue of 2019 AGM
It was tentatively agreed that the 2019 AGM should be held on the 12th October 2019 at a venue to be confirmed.
With no further business the meeting was closed